What It Catches
The RESCUE! Reusable Stink Bug Trap catches invasive brown marmorated stink bugs that eat gardens in spring and summer and invade homes in fall and winter.
How Stink Bug Trap Works
Used outdoors from April 1 through early fall, the trap lures catch brown marmorated stink bugs within a 30-foot radius using multiple pheromone attractants. The stink bugs crawl or fly to the trap, walk up the green ‘fins’ and through the cone, and get trapped inside the clear chamber where they dehydrate.
Unique Features & Benefits of Stink Bug Trap
- Traps both males and females, and all stages of the stink bug life cycle from nymph to adult
- Reduces damage to gardens and fruit trees
- Intercepts adult stink bugs before they enter homes
- Non-toxic mode of action
- Pheromone attractants are odor-free to humans
- 4-week outdoor attractant supply included with trap
- 9-week outdoor attractant refills sold separately
- Stink bugs dehydrate for easy disposal
What Kills The Insects?
The stink bugs can’t get to food or water and dehydrate inside the trap.
Where & How To Use Pest Control
Where it’s used
In spring: Hang from a deciduous tree, making sure the green “fins” are secured to the trunk with twist ties.
In summer: Place the trap at the edge of a vegetable garden or ornamental plant landscaping. Again, secure the green fins to a tree trunk or foliage to allow the juvenile stink bugs to crawl into the trap.
In fall: The trap should hang from a tree branch, stake, or pole at eye level and 15-20 feet from the house.
When Stink Bug Trap used
The optimum outdoor stink bug catch period occurs from April through October.